Tuesday, January 16, 2007

L'Idiot

Is it just me, or are people becoming less intelligent? I go to school with 500 of today's youths, and I swear to God they're getting dumber every day. For example, in my science class, instead of asking intelligent questions like, "Which column in the periodic table are the alkali metals found in?", students ask things like: "How come if you chug a sprite and eat a banana, your tummy hurts?", "Sir, did you ever wrestle an alligator?", "How do you make Moonshine?" and "Sir, what does your wife look like?".

What is the world coming to?

The other day, a guy in my class even brought a pillow to class. Or a while back, when another guy in my class stole a Florence flask, filled it with water, mixed some cool-aid in and chugged it before anyone had time to say anything about it. And last year, a girl in my class was handed a detention slip, and she shoved it it her mouth and ate it.
So what are we supposed to think of this? Is it simply typical teenage hormones on a rampage, or are we truly going back to the basics?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Or how about:
Teacher:"Now class I'm going to say this one time, don't copy down this next part, if you want you can but you don't have to."
Idiot:"Sir what're we doing?(teacher doesn't respond)God, siiirr, you gotta answer me if I ask a question you hafta, you're the teacher. What are we doing?
Random Student:"You just have to listen and not copy it down".
Idiot:"What, I already started writing it. You have to tell me shit when I ask you."

Emma said...

a girl in my class once ate a krispy kreme box. not the doughnuts themselves, but the box.
if stupidity were wishes, beggars would ride stupid begging horses or something. whatever that adage is.

Emma said...

a girl in my class once ate a krispy kreme box. not the doughnuts themselves, but the box.
if stupidity were wishes, beggars would ride stupid begging horses or something. whatever that adage is.

Emma said...

sorry for the double post

Anonymous said...

Hahahah who brought the pillow!! they are my hero hahah! i want to take a pillow to pykes!! there is this theory that in 100 years or something, there will be 2 races of humans, a stupid one and a really smart one... we know where some of them are going... i wonder what my children will develop into? probably apes, concidering i asked my teacher if meat could be liquified.. haha i like you post mariel it really entertained me haha.

Maddy said...

The question of alligator-wrestling is perfectly legitimate. And who says moonshine isn't scientific?

a said...

she ate it?
genius.
your blog is hilarious, i wish i could write like you! i'm jsut stuck with random witty comments and slapstick humour and the sad, sad thing that is my life to make people laugh.